"A capable, intelligent, and virtuous woman--who is he who can find her? She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls. The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently and relies on and believes in her securely, so that he has no lack of [honest] gain or need of [dishonest] spoil. She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her." Proverbs 31:10-12 Amp

Next Meeting: TBD


Monday, March 14, 2011

Creative Counterpart Study - Week 2 - Chapter 2

Thus begins the second week!  Upon reading through this chapter during the course of this week, flip to page 224 for further study and application!  Feel free to post comments if you would like or email.  As I said in my update, we will get out of this what we put into it.  I pray for a great harvest to come in our marriages through the work the Lord will do in each and every one of our hearts over the next couple months!!

Couple points on Chapter 1:
- Funny!  But true!
- What hit home was the following (pg 3):
         "Most often I have found that a woman who is dissatisfied with her marriage usually points to three reasons: (1) her husband, "If he were just more affectionate, or more aggressive, or more helpful, or more anything, I could be the kind of wife I should be" (2) her circumstances, "If I lived in a bigger house, or if I didn't have so many children," and of course, "If we had more money, i could be a better wife:; (3) herself, "If  I were just different - beautiful, thin, talented, successful, intelligent, creative, sexy - then I could be the wife of the year." And she may add, "But I'm me, and the daily drag will continue." That's where she's wrong!"

Let's take a fresh look at the Word of God and see through THAT lens, the correct lens, how we are to be a wife and a mother.  By God's Grace may we trust Him to do His part, and may we commit to do our own, to become what He has us to be!  We're all on this journey together! Blessings my friends!  Praying for you and here for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment