"A capable, intelligent, and virtuous woman--who is he who can find her? She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls. The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently and relies on and believes in her securely, so that he has no lack of [honest] gain or need of [dishonest] spoil. She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her." Proverbs 31:10-12 Amp

Next Meeting: TBD


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Creative Counterpart Study - Week 4 - Chapter 4

On to Chapter 4!!!  We are in for a treat! 

Wasn't Chapter 3 good?  No matter how many times we have heard those Truths, we need to be reminded of them over and over again!  I loved the emphasis on us giving 100% and God giving 100% and what that looks like... and her comparison on pages 22-24 of what it should not look like.  I have to admit some of that hit home! 
I loved the TLB translation of Phil 2:12-13 "You must be even more careful to do the good things that result from being saved, obeying God with deep reverence, shrinking back from all that might displease him.  For God is at work within you, helping you want to obey him, and then helping you do what he wants."

Dillow then talked about our New Position, New Person, New Power, and New Promises through the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  There were many great nuggets of Truth and needed reminders for me in these pages.  One in particular was on page 27, "I stand totally accepted, not on the basis of how I perform but on the basis of Christ's merits."
Another was on page 32, "Often the very things a woman resists and resents are God's special tools to fashion her into the image of His Son."

And then Man's 100%... "Moreover it is required... that one be found faithful" (1 Cor 4:2).  Faithfulness... faithfulness... Trust > Obedience.
I love throughout this book how Linda Dillow emphasizes acting upon our will, not just our feelings - how you will to do certain things.  Very tough sometimes... Extremely tough sometimes!!! 
"Occasionally a wife has told me that God has just not given her a feeling of love for her husband.  God does give motivation, God does give feelings, but usually they come as a result of our obedience to Him." (pg 37)

How encouraging, too, that this learning to trust and obey is a lifelong process that takes repitition and discipline.  God is trying to produce oak-tree Christians!  And oak-tree marriages!!! 


I know we all will enjoy the next chapter, The Priority Planner!  What a needed reminder that our activity for God should never replace our relationship with God.  When you get to pages 68-69, you will see her example of the priority planner she suggests.  My precious friend, Jenn Anderson, took the time to set this up for us on her computer and I will make sure to get everyone a copy!!! 

The chapters get better and better so hang in there!
Keep sowing my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment