"A capable, intelligent, and virtuous woman--who is he who can find her? She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls. The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently and relies on and believes in her securely, so that he has no lack of [honest] gain or need of [dishonest] spoil. She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her." Proverbs 31:10-12 Amp

Next Meeting: TBD


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Creative Counterpart Study - Week 3 - Chapter 3

Hi friends!  How is the Creative Counterpart Study going?  I hope you are being enriched, sharpened, and encouraged.  We are into Week 3 now, Chapter 3!! 
Here are just a couple of highlights that I took away from Chapter 2 (feel free to share yours as well):
- "A creative counterpart is more than just a helper.  She is a woman who, having chosen (or having found herself in) the vocation of wife and mother, decides to learn and grow in all the areas of this role and to work as hard as if she were aiming for the presidency".  As we discussed at our last meeting, I am finding more and more that the 'little things' are really the 'big things'.  The little things I say and do, or don't do, to/for Brad matter -- the way in which I am a wife to him is of GREAT WORTH in God's eyes -- Yes, even as much (or actually more!) as the presidency of a company (or head of an organization, or class room, or a speaking engangement, or retreat, or office, or social)...  God has been showing me just how BIG these seemingly little things are in my day to day life and how it is OBEDIENCE and FAITHFULNESS that He is after.  "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord" Co 3:23
- In this chapter we covered The Wise Woman of Proverbs 31 - wow!  I have read this passage many a time but reading over it again and again and again... ;)  brought fresh perspective and life to these verses!
- In reading how this kind of wife is Trustworthy, I loved the part where her husband, Jody, said "The most important thing to a man is to know that the woman he loves is on his team.  If the rest of the world calls him a fool and deserts him, she'll be there beside him" (pg 10). 
- Under 'Industrious' I loved how Linda pointed out  how the wise woman 'willingly worked with her hands'... willingly.... the attitude!
- What a great challenge and exhortation of how this wise woman started her day and the examples Linda gave on pg 14 of how the start of the day can have such a huge effect! 
- What did ya'll think about the following statetement on pg 19 "By now I'm sure you are thinking, 'This woman was perfect!  I could never be like her! She was incredible, but God would not use her as the example of the "excellent wife" unless we, too, could grow to become like her"...

 I hope you found the application part (pgs 224-227) fruitful!  Keep sowing!!!

In Chapter 3 we read of God's Game Plan!  As you complete the chapter during this week, flip to page 228 to complete the application for this chapter.  I am LOVING the appication/study part in the back actually.  While I can get a little annoyed by reading Prov 31 AGAIN... I need it!  And I'm grateful to have to walk through the comfortable and uncomfortable.  I have much to work on.  Thank You God for Your Grace, Love, and Faithfulness!!

Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment